Doctorate Optometry Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Optometry courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 6 Doctorate Optometry universities in United Kingdom
- University of Abertay
- University of Liverpool
- Cardiff University
- University of Hertfordshire
- City University of London
- Ulster University
Doctorate Optometry fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Optometry in United Kingdom - £13,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Optometry in United Kingdom - £25,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Optometry in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Optometry in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Optometry qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Optometry Courses in the United Kingdom
- PhD/MPhil Applied VisionCity University of London£13,010
- Masters by Research OptometryUniversity of Hertfordshire
- PhD OptometryUniversity of Hertfordshire£13,650
- MPhil Cognitive Psychology and Vision ScienceUniversity of Abertay£13,750
- MSc by Research Cognitive Psychology and Vision ScienceUniversity of Abertay£13,750
- PhD Cognitive Psychology and Vision ScienceUniversity of Abertay£13,750
- PhD Optometry and Vision ScienceUlster University£15,970
- PhD Clinical Investigation and Vision SciencesCardiff University£22,700
- PhD Vision SciencesCardiff University£22,700
- PhD Eye and Vision SciencesUniversity of Liverpool£24,250
- Doctorate Respiratory Medicine in UK
- Doctorate Clinical Laboratory Sciences in UK
- Doctorate Surgery in UK
- Doctorate Dentistry in UK
- Doctorate Bioethics in UK
- Doctorate Clinical Informatics in UK
- Doctorate Physical Fitness in UK
- Doctorate Primary Care in UK
- Doctorate Occupational Therapy in UK
- Doctorate Immunology in UK
- Institutions offering the courses6
- Count of courses12
- Count of UG courses18
- Count of PG courses5
- Count of Doctorate courses12
- Fee range (min-max)£13,000 - £25,000