Doctorate Biotechnology Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Biotechnology courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 5 Doctorate Biotechnology universities in United Kingdom
- Newcastle University
- University of Glasgow
- Bangor University
- Queen's University Belfast
- University of Leicester
Doctorate Biotechnology fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Biotechnology in United Kingdom - £18,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Biotechnology in United Kingdom - £33,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Biotechnology in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Biotechnology in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Biotechnology qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Biotechnology Courses in the United Kingdom
- MSc by Research Environmental Microbiology and BiotechnologyBangor University£18,250
- MSc (Research) Biochemistry and BiotechnologyUniversity of Glasgow£23,000
- PhD/iPhD Biochemistry and BiotechnologyUniversity of Glasgow£23,000
- MPhil Food Safety and BiotechnologyQueen's University Belfast£23,850
- MRes Biotechnology and Business EnterpriseNewcastle University£25,200
- MPhil/PhD BiotechnologyNewcastle University£26,100
- MRes Biotechnology and BiodesignNewcastle University£26,100
- PhD Biotechnology (Medical Sciences)Newcastle University£27,300
- PhD Biotechnology (Biological, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences)Newcastle University£27,300
- MPhil Biotechnology (Biological, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences)Newcastle University£27,300
- Doctorate Biochemistry in UK
- Doctorate Molecular Biology in UK
- Doctorate Bioinformatics in UK
- Doctorate Genetics in UK
- Doctorate Cell Biology in UK
- Institutions offering the courses5
- Count of courses11
- Count of UG courses35
- Count of PG courses65
- Count of Doctorate courses11
- Fee range (min-max)£18,000 - £33,000