Doctorate Literature Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Literature courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Doctorate Literature universities in United Kingdom
- University of Glasgow
- Newcastle University
- University of Bristol
- University of Essex
- Brunel University
- Cardiff University
- University of Kent
- University of Leicester
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
Doctorate Literature fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Literature in United Kingdom - £15,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Literature in United Kingdom - £22,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Literature in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Literature in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Literature qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Literature Courses in the United Kingdom
- MPhil Area Studies, History, Politics and LiteratureUniversity of Portsmouth£15,500
- PhD/Mphil English - Literature and WarUniversity of Leicester£15,520
- PhD LiteratureUniversity of Essex£16,230
- MPhil LiteratureUniversity of Essex£16,230
- PhD Comedy StudiesBrunel University£16,335
- MA/PhD Medieval and Early Modern StudiesUniversity of Kent£17,400
- PhD in Eighteenth Century and RomanticsUniversity of York£17,750
- PhD American LiteratureUniversity of Sussex£18,500
- MLitt (Research) Scottish LiteratureUniversity of Glasgow£19,350
- MRes Scottish LiteratureUniversity of Glasgow£19,350
- Institutions offering the courses12
- Count of courses18
- Count of UG courses95
- Count of PG courses35
- Count of Doctorate courses18
- Fee range (min-max)£15,000 - £22,000