Doctorate Mechanical Engineering Courses in UK
United Kingdom offers a host of amazing Doctorate Mechanical Engineering courses to study. The one you’ll choose comes down to what type of institution is best for you, as well as the details of the course. Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll be qualified for an array of professional jobs, opening up the doors to a prosperous career. You’ll even get the opportunity to stay back in United Kingdom with a post-study work visa.
Browse below and see what’s right for you.
Top 10 Doctorate Mechanical Engineering universities in United Kingdom
- Newcastle University
- Swansea University
- University of Bath
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Queen's University Belfast
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Kent
- University of Portsmouth
Doctorate Mechanical Engineering fees in United Kingdom
You will be required to pay tuition fees when you enrol. How much these fees are varies depending on the institution.
If they seem too much, do make sure you check out scholarships that can help cover these costs.
Typically, however, you can expect tuition fees to range from:
- Minimum fees in Doctorate Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom - £13,000
- Maximum fees Doctorate Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom - £35,000
Student’s visa cost for studying Doctorate Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Before moving to study in United Kingdom you will need a student visa. You can apply for one on the government’s website. For costs, please see below.
|UK student visa (outside UK)||GBP £363|
Studying Doctorate Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom eligibility criteria
You will need a set list of documents to be eligible to study in United Kingdom. The exact documents you need will vary depending on the institution and the scores, but in general, you can expect to need the following.
- Academic transcripts
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of purpose
- Admissions test results
Post-study work permit after completing Doctorate Mechanical Engineering qualification in United Kingdom
Once you’ve completed your studies in United Kingdom you can apply for a post-study work visa. This will allow you to find a job in United Kingdom and continue working and living there.
To apply, you will need to visit the government’s immigration website.
For how long you will be able to stay back, please see below.
|Country||Name of post-study work visa||Length of time to stay in country|
|UK||Graduate visa||2 years|
Top Doctorate Mechanical Engineering Courses in the United Kingdom
- PhD Mechanical EngineeringUniversity of Hertfordshire
- Masters by Research Mechanical EngineeringUniversity of Hertfordshire
- PhD Mechanical EngineeringLondon South Bank University£14,900
- MSc by Research Civil/Mechanical/Aeronautical EngineeringUniversity of South Wales£15,000
- PhD (Civil/Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering)University of South Wales£15,000
- MPhil in Maritime and Mechanical EngineeringLiverpool John Moores University£16,100
- PhD in Maritime and Mechanical EngineeringLiverpool John Moores University£16,100
- PhD Mechanical EngineeringUniversity of Plymouth£17,170
- PhD Mechanical EngineeringUniversity of Kent£17,400
- PhD Mechanical and Design EngineeringUniversity of Portsmouth£17,600
- Doctorate Automotive Engineering in UK
- Doctorate Ecosystem Ecology in UK
- Doctorate Control Engineering in UK
- Doctorate Instrumentation Engineering in UK
- Doctorate Naval Science in UK
- Doctorate Control Systems in UK
- Doctorate Optical Engineering in UK
- Doctorate Manufacturing Engineering in UK
- Doctorate Public Administration in UK
- Doctorate Media Studies And Communication in UK
- Institutions offering the courses19
- Count of courses33
- Count of UG courses391
- Count of PG courses96
- Count of Doctorate courses33
- Fee range (min-max)£13,000 - £35,000